Thursday, November 02, 2006

Halloween


Parties are fun! I had ten people over to my apartment for swimming, snacks, and pumpkin carving. A few things to set the stage...pumpkins here are not orange, they are green, kids of any age love candy corns, and 5 boys in a one bedroom apartment make messes! Nonetheless, we had a great party!! :)
Being the good teacher that I am I wanted to make an example of a carved pumpkin. So, with modified tools, since I did not bring my pumpkin carving knife with me, I attempted to carve my pumpkin. This was a very hard process and one that I almost lost a finger to. The pumpkins are VERY hard and it broke my knife. As you see, my pumpkins nose and mouth are combined because the knife went out of control! :) Needless to say, I did not have the kids carve but rather draw their pumpkins faces on! Check out the uploaded photos and you will see all the activities! Gitles, I wish it was like your birthday 3 years ago! That was so fun! :)