Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Ubon




This past week, before Christmas, I was in Ubon. It is a province in the Northeast of Thailand. We just opened a daughter church there. I am on the start-up team. There are many things that are different about Ubon when I compare it to Bangkok. The food is totally different, you can see the stars, there are Buffalos and cows walking around everywhere, and look at the picture of the gas station! I have loved this experience. I think that most of Thailand lives like this and I decided that Bangkok is not really Thailand! :)
Ket's home is large compared to most. One of the homes we went into, in the photo above, was so small and it has no electricity. It was great to go and bless her with some love! We sang Christmas carols and we gave her a gift. We celebrated Christmas in my friend Noi's village and in Ket's village. It was fun and I was in charge of all the kids! Both nights we had about 20 kids! It was s much fun! They had never heard the Christmas story!
On Sunday the 23rd, we had our first church service in Ubon. It was at Ket's house. If you check out the photo link on the right then you will be able to see many pics of the week! I hope that you get a taste of Ubon!