Monday, December 01, 2008

November in Thailand

November has been a super fun month! The most exciting news is that Tai Church has a new member! His name is Sean Whiting! Sean is someone that I met this summer and he decided to come visit me in Thailand for a couple weeks! Well, his plane left 10 days ago to take him home and he wasn't on it. Sean has decided to stay in Thailand with me until I come home in March! We are very excited about what our future holds!
Needless to say this month has brought many new things! But one thing doesn't change and that is the welcoming hearts of my friends! James, Meaw, Boom, Ann, and Bow have been amazing friends in welcoming Sean to Thailand! He is already part of the family here after 4 very fast weeks!! The picture was taken at a "Welcome to Thailand" party in my apartment for Sean! My friends cooked for us and we had a great time introducing Sean to some of my favorite foods that James can make! It was a fun night!! Gifts were exchanged, stories shared, and new friendships founded!


After a week of craziness and welcome to Bangkok, Sean and I got away to Chiang Mai for 4 days. We got to spend time walking the streets, having coffee in Starbucks, browsing through book stores, visiting the sights, riding elephants, floating down the river, and just has time to be together! This was an amazing four days! We travel well together and sure know how to have a lot of fun together!
While we were there, there was a festival happening! It was so much fun to be there during this time! Sean got some real Tai culture and we got to experience the excitement of the festival. It is a beautiful festival and we had fun! There are more pics if you click on the link at the right!


After Chiang Mai, Sean and I headed to Lampang, which is about an hour and a half from Chiang Mai. We spent time at the church plant there with Noi! It was great to be with her and have the kids meet Sean! They were very excited to meet him!! They have known me for 2 years and they are super excited for me! Sean played basketball with them, we eat with them, we went to a birthday party for one of the kids and we just hung out with them. It was a great 4 days there!

God is so good and His faithfulness is a blessing! November was great and I am even more excited about December and more excited about what 2009 holds!