Sunday, March 16, 2008

Kolkuta

Kolkuta was an experience like no other. The poverty there was more apparent than any other place I have ever been. It was amazing to see what Mother Teresa did and what continues to happen even after her death.

We fit 9 people in a car made for 6! It was great to drive around in cars rather than buses! We had a system of how to get in and out of the car without anyone getting hurt!

This picture was taken inside Mother Teresa's organization. There was a small tour of her words and pictures of her life. It was amazing and challenging to me. I hope that when I am gone, people find what I did important enough to continue the work! She was an amazing woman. I have admired her from afar for a long time. But after being in India, in Kolkuta, I have a new appreciation for what she did while she was here on earth!

This is a life size statue of Mother Teresa. She was a small person who did mighty and amazing things for the people of India. And she always gave all the glory to Jesus! How amazing is that! I want to be like that!

This is where Mother Teresa is buried. It was great to see what she did while she was on earth! She is quite an amazing person!