Monday, December 08, 2008

Father's Day in Thailand

Father's Day in Thailand is December 5th. It is the King's Birthday and so we celebrate the King on this day and we celebrate the fathers! My favorite Father is James! His family is like my family! They have adopted me! I love James because he gives everything for his kids! He works hard to support them, he plays with them, he teaches them, and he is a great example to them of what a father is suppose to be like! In Thailand there are many people who do not have a good relationship with their fathers but James is a GREAT father! He understands God's love for him and therefore he is able to give that love to his children!
This is a picture of James and his family and me and Sean! They have loved Sean as much as they love me! I title this picture, "Our Thai Family". They are so special to me and I absolutely love them!!

These are the boys that I love! All 4 of them! Look at how fun they are! All of them love being boys!!

After we celebrated James with a sushi dinner from his favorite restaurant, we decorated the Christmas tree, which is one of my favorite things to do! We had a great time with the kids! Check out the photos through the link on the right! There are some great ones of the tree! It is a fake tree but I love Christmas so it is okay! I would of course much rather the real thing but...well, I live in Thailand! I was sent a candle that smells like Christmas trees so I light that and it feels like (with a bit of imagination) the tree is real!

Christmas is a great time of year to share love! The greatest gift that has ever been given is Jesus! The reason we give gifts is because God gave us the first and best gift of His only Son! This is the reason for the season! May your month of December be filled with love, joy, and peace! May your family feel the blessings of God and may you experience Christmas to the fullest! Enjoy December!!