Friday, February 13, 2009

English in Ubon

This is my best friend Ket. She was my roommate last year and then she became the Pastor of a church plant in Ubon. We got to spend 10 days together while I was teaching English and it was so much fun to be with her again! We are great friends!
















These are the faces of some of my students! They are so cute! Ying, me, Yao, and Bee! I had a class of 5 students and these 3 were the most faithful and came to every class.















We studied many things together and one thing was pronunciation. Many of them have studied English for a long time but a Thai teacher has taught them so their grammar is great but their pronunciation needs some work! My students improved in their confidence to speak English! That was the goal!! Kim this pic is for you!















The last day of class we had a party and all my students came to Ket's house and we ate together! This is a pic of all the girls together! It was such a fun 10 days with these students! Look at their smiles! They were great students!!















This is a picture of our dinner together! Sean came and joined us for the last day of class and one free day in Ubon. We had a great time in Ubon together! It is one of my favorite places in all of Thailand! It is a beautiful place! I will miss it, I actually already do!!